[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

More sales tax

Lowell,

Too bad I "pissed you off".  That's really your problem and not mine
though so I'll let you deal with it.  I merely pointed out the legal
requirements for MOST states regarding the remittance of sales taxes.  I
will confess that I have NO experience with Texas personal income
taxes.  As you noted, Texas has none.  Neither do a few other states (to
different degrees) but that's another story.  I also (briefly) pointed out the
moral responsibility to pay taxes but I didn't (and wouldn't) rail on about it.

My intent was to provide a concise, professional opinion on the subject
at hand, sales tax, in order to provide information to those who would
like it (or needed it, if clarification was necessary).  I think I did that well
enough though another could surely do better.  I also provided a brief
description of how compliance is met (by filing the proper form).  Now,
what others do with that info is up to them and of little consequence to
me.  I've spent much of my career trying to legally save clients' tax
dollars so, in a way, I'm on your side.  Of course, I don't recommend
(either directly or with a wink and a nod) violating the tax code or any
other set of laws.  My opinions are mine; yours are yours; we're both
entitled to 'em; and never the two must meet.

Jon Lewis
bimmers past, present, and future - some reliable, some not, but all great