[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: E36 M3 Wheels

Larry was asking about wisdom of 7 1/2" w/ 225/45 in front and
8 1/2" w/ 245/40 in the rear.  Bob wrote about his 95 with those
sized rims but the same size 235/40 tire all around.

I don't know if I have the answer that Larry is looking for
(I know you shouldn't consider me to have a "greater understanding") but
here is another datapoint.  I have a similar setup as Bob.  I  did a drivers
school monday and borrowed a friends pyrometer.  I measured the
tire temps and the rears were hotter than the fronts by about 15
degrees.  temps were relatively even across the tire.  Does this mean
the rears were worked harder?  (Could be? comments)  I'm just
getting started at this drivers school stuff (intermediate) so
take this with a grain of salt.
I'd think that the 225s in front would push more that 235s.  So,
I'd suggest 235/40 in the front and 245/40 in the rear.

I'd like to hear feedback on this conclusion too.

Dan
95 M3
95 540