[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Wallering Along

I was just wallering around here reading the BMW digest and came across
your message.  My dog, (who wallers on my pillow every morning after I get
up) wagged his tail when I said, "P.J., why don't we waller out an e-mail
to Ol' Kevin.

Well, I want you to know that here in Arkansas we DO say "waller."  You are
absolutely right!  I think you even spelt it right!

I can remember when the A/C compressor on my '74 2002 came loose.  I
crawled under it (wallering on the concrete in my garage) and saw that the
holes in the mounting bracket were -- YOU GUESSED IT -- WALLERED OUT!
Damnedest thing I ever saw!

Webster's Unabridged describes "wallow" (verb) as in "hogs wallowing in
mud."  As a noun, it talks about indentations in the earth, and their
formation.  Since Arkansas is a leading exporter of hogs (Razorback &
otherwise), and the top producer of chickens and (per capita) corrupt
politicians, we are proud that the digest wallered out a spot for your
message.

My new Z3 will be here soon, so I will be wallering around in 7th heaven ...

Sorry to waller around in all this bandwidth, but just had to post.

Best to all,

Mark