[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E21 2.5L Conversin and Numbers.

In my post I was using the numbers to show the "Ultimate" Set up. This set up
is for the track and include a lot of "uncomfortable" modifications. It is
possible to achieve the 0-60 in under five with some  modifications. In fact
Alpina and Motorsport have done it many times. They mad some of the following
modifications:
Lighten and balanced engine
Gear  ration (4.11 rear end)
Close Ratio 5 speed gear box
High flow Head
Headers
Free flow exhaust
Custom Chip and Cam
and the usually upgrades.

If you want more speed
Stroke it to 2.8L
Super charger
Turbo Charger
and more

However when you get into these set ups the engine life decreases. So I
suggest doing the 2.5L conversion for around $2500 and living with the 180hp
and 0-60 in 7. You can always put out more $$$$$$$$ and get a faster car.
No matter how you set it up, it creates more power and torque with less $$
 then a 1.8L, 2.0L, 2.3L rebuild. Best of all you get a strong foundation to
build on. After you rebuild the 2.0L you gains are very little, compared to
the gains you can have with the 2.5L.

If any one has any questions please feel free to contact me.

Andrew