Lashing an E36 on a trailer

Figgered someone would flame on this. Didn't figger it would come from someone
whom I once considered a friend doing his Judas does Marc Antony
impersonation. It was a pretty good performance.

Passport and other carriers use expensive trailers. News? The trailers usually
have DF suspensions (damage free). I'm not familiar with the suspension on BMW
trailers. I checked, they no longer use chains.

Comparing an enclosed trailer to an open one, is, well an interesting
comparison too. Never mind things like wind buffeting the cargo as opposed to
the trailer.  Forget the sophisticated brakes they use too. And 12 or more
gears which can also be used to slow the rig as well.

Most "race car" trailers have the suspension of a covered wagon or buckboard.
One pair of leaf springs or maybe two on a more expensive one. Not exactly a
sophisticated set up, is it? Or maybe it is sophisticated and I just don't
know it.

The wheel/spindle is a weak point in the car and will bend really easily. I'd
be hard pressed to find a weaker point in a car on lateral movement. And all
the people who have done some light curb surfing and twisted a wheel or spinde
have fertile imaginations as well. But then again, what do I know?  Obviously
not as much as the Judas out there.

So, go ahead, lash your car down any way you damned well please. Put the
straps through the wheels, use tie downs on anything and everything you can,
including brake lines, sway bar attachements etc.  I'm still gonna allow two
lanes when passing a single car on a single trailer.

Bubba Michel
Where's all the support for racing trailered E36 cars? IT does have potential.
The sleek Suburban against the Gland Bruiser........