Re: Tire(d) Question

Paul Zeitlin asks about tire recommendations for his '91 318is.  I have a
'91 318i, and about five months ago I put on a set of Dunlop D60 A2 JLB's,
205/60-14 size.  My previous tires had been Pirelli P4000 Super Touring,
195/65-14.  I have been very happy with the Dunlops thus far --- dry
handling excellent, turn-in feel very good, warning near the limit good,
wet traction excellent so far (knowing that as the tread wears down, this
will degrade), and resistance to hydroplaning has been good also.  Ride
comfort and quietness are fine by me.  I've got about 12,000 miles on them
so far, tread wear seems OK for the mileage, but time will tell.   Hope
this helps.
     Dave Spiegelthal  '91 318i
     Calverton, VA
     TRAPEZOID CAMSHAFT CO.  (We don't sell camshafts)
     Enjoy your Trabant!

          (just kidding)