<ALL> DAMN noisy A/C compressor!!! please advise

87 325is, 160k miles, and 3rd summer on rebuilt R-12 A/C system which
includes a reman Bosch compressor. I noticed from the very first day with
the new system that the  reman compressor was loud as hell. Even took it
back to the shop and was told "thats normal for those remans". Fast-Forward
three summers...the noise has grown even L O U D E R.  Now it is so loud,
that it drowns out the normal engine sounds while idling or cruising through
the neighborhood.  The system still blows ice cold even in this oppressive
Mississippi heat wave.

Anyone else have or seen this problem? Can anything be done? Any "miracle"
additives...or Redline for the A/C? Is the increase noise a sign of pending
doom?

How about coating the compressor with the blood of a snake and hanging a
small bag of chicken bones from the rear view while playing Gregorian Chants
by Benedictine Monks?

Please help me "silence the compressor".

Any and all comments/advice is welcomed and appreciated,

Ron Milliet
McComb, MS

End of bmw-digest V9 #84