Re: E46 - Nervious

I have heard that there will be two 3.0L I-6 (no V-6s from BMW!!!) in the
future: One is a direct injection diesel, due out in the next year. Doubtful
this will come to the US.  The other is a further development of the existing
2.8L I-6.  Perhaps with just over 200hp.  Most likely it will be a couple of
years before it comes to the US.

Regarding changes, perhaps there will be some refinements, but they do that on
every series every year.  I also drove the new E46 and was impressed. One
disappointment were the power seat controls - you cannot adjust the front of
the seat for height.  The other disappointment is that you can see the
exterior paint through a gap at the rear of the front door interior panel.
Very tacky. Solution is to order a black/black or gray/gray car!

If I were considering an E46, I would wait for a car built after 9/1/98 - as
that is when running changes will occur. Remember the rest of the world is
getting 1998 models, so "their" 1999s start production in September.  I would
also wait for the sport suspension.

Don
1997 540iA Sport