RE: <tires> uneven sidewall

James, just got back on the digest from O'fest (12 hrs to DC), so here's a
reply.  The air pockets are bubbles where the sidewall casing has torn
probably due to a bad pothole, Pirellis seem to be very susceptible to this.
Immediately get the tire dismounted and check the inner sidewalls to
confirm, trash the tire.

Gary Lin     Burke, VA     National Capital Ch.
'88 325is   Autocross 2nd place 3'er-6 class B, Yee Ha!

> I find the sidewalls to be uneven.. there are several "air pocket" looking
> things on the sidewall...  the tires are P7000 SuperSport 215/45/17.. the
> other side seems to be fine.. but that side seems to have the uneveness..
> does anyone know why?  does that affect the tires performance at all?  I
> wouldn't want the tire to blow on me or anything.. is that a manufacture's
> defects?

End of bmw-digest V9 #116