Re: [PWOB] Pronunciation...of Avus

> Okay, so I've owned this great-looked 1995 M3 for over six months now,
> but I'm still curious about the official pronunciation of 'Avus' (as in
> Avus Blue).  Is it (phonetically):

[ ... ]

> something else (not many choices left)

Ron,

in German, "Avus" is pronounced

'Uh-vuss

The first syllable is stressed, and is actually pronounced like the
"Uh" of "Uh-huh". The second syllable is pronounced like you would
imagine a German pronounce the word "wuss": "vuss". The 'u' is not
stretched (as the 'oo' of 'voos' suggests in your mail).

BTW, the Avus is a stretch of Autobahn in Berlin (A-115) that has also
been used as a race track from 1921 until May of this year.

Lorenz