damn i hate my car sumone help me(e28)

while i waent to go eat a hose blew up in my car and coolant went
everywhere..!!!!so im writing this hungry....

first..is it okay if i shift gears manually.. i have an automatic 88 528e
..wut i mean by manually is by switching gears like 1,2,3,D   cuz it seems
alot faster.. and if i just floor it without shifting manually it doesnt go
newhere near redline before it shifts.... the car is sooo slow... it scares me
on the free way cuz i cant speeed up fast enuff.!!!so.. i need to know if it
damages the transmission .. the car has 117,000 miles on it and i heard that
the auto. transmissions usually g out at 125,000 i think.. is this true?....

ok next question... what kind off oil should i use.. cuz last time i went they
put in 10w 50 .. i dont know much about oils but isnt that too thick for my
car..  i live in sunny californiaso the weather is hot.?also could oil cause
an engine to idle roughly.. and right when i accelerate from a complete stop
it kinda stumbles.. and then goes.. could this be due to the thick oil?or
maybe loss of coolant?

well id really appreciate it if anyone could reply to ne of theses
questions...

p.s. does the 528e like to rev... for ex. if i had a manual transmission..
would it harm the engine to bring it near redline.. also how much would it
cost to convert my car to a manual transmission.. and are there any cheap
modifications that i can do to make my car a bit faster?thanx!!

kev
1988 528e with a crazked foglight.. a hose with a hole.. a scar on t he trunk
from sap and a engine that doesnt even get god gas mileage..