Service recall

I have a strange co-incidence involving the coolant expansion tank cap
problem that I thought I would share with you all, since it seems to be
on topic.

I replaced the water pump on my '90 325i two weeks ago (since I was
doing the timing belt anyway) and, of course, I had to drain and fill
the cooling system.  When re-filling it, I add a gallon of deionized
water, jug of coolant, gallon of di water,...  oops.  Oh well, better
add as much more coolant as possible.  So I fill up the expansion tank
to the brim with coolant just in case there is a little air left in the
system,...

Check it later, nope, still full.  OK, cool, no leaks.

Thursday or friday comes around and I hear about the recall.

After about four or five  days I start to worry about the heater core
spewing hot coolant onto my leg or worse and finally check the tank.
Seems like the cap did it's job and vented.  Maybe I was just lucky this
time?

I guess I will go get the recall done, just in case.  I was wondering if
anyone knows if this new cap could be of any detriment to the engines
cooling or other performance?  What about if I think my engine runs a
little hot (middle of the gauge)?

By the way,  I guess I wasn't thinking of any of the consequences when I
over filled the coolant tank, and I wouldn't ever recommend it.   I now
have all kinds of orange antifreeze junk on that side of the engine
compartment.

Gabe Mintier