Re: E28 Brakes

..........I am curious as to any current information and experience on
what E28 owners have on their cars.....

My '85 535 (90K) had severe shake when I applied the brakes. At first,
the problem was identified as warped rotors. I purchased new ones
(German), along with new pads and a new sensor. Installation was very
easy, no problems at all. After new pads and rotors the wheel shake
ALMOST disappeared. It was still there, barely. As time and miles go
on though (1.5k miles since repair) the shake is becoming more
pronounced once again. I have now been told that there is a rubber
bushing in the front end (upper control arms?) that must be worn
and should be changed. Does anyone have any info on what this bushing
actually is, and how hard it is to change? I am a backyard DIYer. Can
I do this job?