<MISC> CarTest Software

Some recent talk of differential changes/ acceleration/ rpm/ speed made
me think of a little shareware program called CarTest that I've used before..

I did a quick web search and found the author Patrick Glenn's home page

http://home.earthlink.net/~patglenn/ct.html

the latest version (4.5) is even better than what I remembered..

It has over 900 cars in it's database including almost 50 BMW's
(3's, 5's, 6's, 8's, Coupe's, old and new)

The program is very simple to use, quick and easy, and will calculate
any performance figure you could want, you can edit things (ie change
gear ratios, tires, etc) and do comparisons..

Stuff like acceleration, horsepower, torque, power, speed, distance curves..

I believe JimC suggested this program as a handy thing to play with..

The newest version even has 50 race tracks from around the world to see
how your car performs (with a friction circle showing G forces as the car
goes around) as well as speeds, gears, etc.

I am familiar with Mosport so I did a quick test putting an E30 325is on that
track.. speeds, gears etc were similar to what I remember..
As a quick glimpse to see what a track is like it is great..
(no, it doesn't show lines, it is not that sophisticated)

check it out, it is a wonderful piece of motorhead software.

chris pawlowicz
'89 325i
'74 2002