Re: bmw-digest V9 #746 Batteries

Hi,

Do you ever forget your lights, or listen to the radio for long times
without the car running? I think car batteries really hate it to get drained.

We had a Buick with a perfectly good 7 year old battery in it, until I
installed a new radio and listened to it for a while without the engine
running. Next morning, it needed a jump start. The morning after that too.
It needed a new battery.

Friend of my kept forgot the lights in his Civic a couple of times: new
battery. He doesn't forget it anymore: I put a beeper in that car that
beeps if the ignition key is off and the lights on. About $5 in parts and
very useful :)

Michiel