Re: STATE FARM INS./ POLICY CHANGE

Just in case no one has said this yet (too busy with flame wars?):

Drivers Schools are neither "racing" or a "speed contest".  They are
instructional events.  They are also not "practicing for" racing or speed
events.  Starts, passing and racing strategy are not taught.  And you
can't say a vehicle is being "prepared for" racing unless you know for a
fact that the car is going to actually be driven in a race.  That's hard to
prove if said race has not happened yet, especially if said car has no
race equipment (roll bar, fuel cell, etc.).

Interesting aside (well it was interesting to me, anyway):  I was covered
by State Farm when I had that unfortunate incident at a GGC Sears Point
drivers school back in 1995.  I have a friend who is a claims adjuster at
State Farm.  Before I filed my claim, I called her to find out what the
probable reaction would be to my claim.  She checked the policy and
discovered that the "no racing"clause (the one cited below) was
MISSING from policies issued at the same time as mine.  So, I COULD
HAVE BEEN racing and been covered.  Supposedly they were going to
hurry and get the clause back into the policies.  I can't believe they're just
now getting around to that.   ???

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977