Re: [E36M3] Oil temp and pressure gauges

Chester writes:

"I know for the oil temp sensor, many people have opted for the M5 part.  Does
anyone have the part number and an idea of how much that will cost?"

The BMW M Coupe part number is 12 61 1 404 699. $30 at the dealership. I
intend
to use that one instead of the M5 part. I prefer VDO gauges because of the
function (Vision series is backlit and will nearly match your instrument
panel)
and reliability (the VDO gauges I've had in BMWs never had a problem, while
the
Motometer units seemed to go bad after a while). Fabricating a console with
just
one gauge is obviously possible; most add the voltmeter and oil pressure along
with temperature, using 3 holes (since I don't want oil pressure, I'm adding a
clock), since 3 hole IPs are readily available.

Hunter