Re: Material for valve guide

Horst,

 For a street driven engine, where durability is a factor, you will
definitely want to go with the bronze valve guides.  They are available from
any automotive machine shop here in the states, YMMV.

Good luck,

Chris G.
www.bmwmseries.com
Lone Star Chapter

Horst wrote:

I'm currently rebuilding an M20/B25 head ('88 325i) and noticed that some
valve guides are worn.  The problem is that I can't get new guides in the
required diameter because
somebody already did a head rebuild.  So the only thing is to machine the
guide myself.
Problem: what material should I use. Some sources say CuZnAl is used, other
rebuilders use bronce.
Does anyone have specs for this material?

Regards

Horst from Austria