Re: <e30> looking for more power!

>BTW, if you redo the suspension, you will be able to keep up with much
>higher hp cars in the twisties, or even pass them ;)  A short shift kit
>will make it even more enjoyable to drive.  but before you begin to
>modify it a whole lot, ask yourself if it is worth it, or if selling it
>and getting a 325 is a better alternative with the larger engine and
>rear disc brakes and all.  HTH

I have a short shift kit on my list of future mods for my 320i - should be
even more fun than it is now.  I also have a rear sway bar from a 320is (the
320i has none after '77) and a front bar off a 323i (slightly thicker for
the 6-cyl) just waiting to go on once I have the time and decent weather.
With wider 205/60R13s on the stock 13" rims (stock on this car is
185/70R13), I've got plenty of grip - my biggest problem now is body roll,
which this should fix.  Funny thing is I got the sway bars BEFORE the tires.
Thanks for the additional tips on the engine, Luis - maybe I'll play with my
timing a little.

As a third option, you may be able to find a junked 325 or parts from one
that you could put on your 318i.  You might come across a 325 with a great
engine, tranny, and rear discs but with a body that's rusted out - why not
combine the best of both?  This is obviously the most difficult of the three
options, but if you want to tinker it could be fun.

    - Justin