Badge

Guess what, I was visiting in Taiwan two years ago, (and last year) BMW
dealer there ACTUALLY sell the E-36 "///M 318is" (just like the E-36 318
here, except it's 4 doors, M3 body kits, and of course the famouse ///M
badge next to the 318is)  I asked the saleperson and they told me because
people liked the M3 style very much but it's very hard and expensive to
get the real M3 in Taiwan (to purchase a M3, it's got to be special order,
and costs around US $85000 for the U.S. version M3, and cost US $95000 for
the Euro. version M3) so for these reason, BMW in Taiwan asked BMW factory
to make these 318is and put on M3 body kit before they ship to Taiwan.
The engine is the same we got here in the U.S., so why they used the "is"
for the 4 doors???? they told me the "i" is stands for injection, and the
"s" stands for "sports" very funny hum.......anyway, there aren't lot of
328 though, lots of reasons for that: more expensive, more tax, don't need
that kind of engine for the small island--Taiwan, also another reason is
that lots of Taiwanese people would prefer buying a Mercedes-BENZ rather
than BMW (compared with the 3 series and the C class) but lots of 5, and 7
series though....
As myself, like the M3 style very much so I had M3 body kit on my car
without the "///M" badge" and very proud that I am a happy ower of 328is
:)

Aaron C. Liu		North Seattle Community College
E-Mail: aaronliu@domain.elided
Home Page: http://nsccux.sccd.ctc.edu/~aaronliu
	   http://fly.to/aaronliu
ICQ: 25763155