McLaren F1 and BMW

   Hey all,
   I just took a long look at the McLaren F1 that is at Flagship Motorcars in Lynnfield, MA. It was weird going into a Mercedes dealership to look at a car with a BMW powerplant. I didn't realize that McLaren used so many BMW parts in that car. Such as: the power window switches, the turn signal lever, and the windshield wiper lever. The car also appeared to have been driven regularly -- not sitting in some garage. The brake rotors were slightly rusty and the bake pads had frayed edges on them indicating that the car had gone through numerous hard stops. I was surprised that it only had 17" wheels. Well worth the trouble to look at it.

   Dougie
   '87 325is (on life support)
   #143320