Re: Question on e36 big bore throttle body

David,
DON'T DO IT!!! Maybe on a racecar where top end is the most important, but
the truth on all M50/TU engines is that the throttle body is NOT the
performance bottle neck. A throttle body bored even just a few mm will give a
few hp (less than 3 at peak, which probably won't coincide with your stock
power peak) and take back just as many hp at certain rpm points because it
will actually create a vacuum!! I think that at this address:

http://www.lycaeum.com/m50tu/index.html

you'll find dyno sheets for an M50TU with the Throttle body and you can see
the up AND DOWN fluctuations. Not quite the same as our M50 engines, but
close enough!

Matt Malfa
92 325is