<ALL> Directional Race Tires

Hi

I went to get my Kuhmo race tires (V700 R compound) mounted this weekend and
got surprised by the fact that these tires are directional. I am not talking
about the "Side facing outward" reference on the tire, but the fact that
they are clearly marked for left and right sides the car, along with a
"direction of rotation" arrow.

This presents a problem for me as I am used to the BFG R1 that you can mix
and match on any side of the car. This becomes helpful when you use this
technique to maximize tire life. So for instance when you run at Watkins
Glen, it is mostly a right hand track. This means the tires on the left side
get more wear. So on my second day there I would move the left to the right
etc.

It is OK to do this with these Kuhmo's even though you will be violating the
direction of rotation that is molded onto the sidewall.

This problem has been further complicated by the fact that the tirerack sent
(I ordered 5 tires to have a spare) me four rights and one left. In a small
defense of "The Rack", it was sort of easy for them to make this mistake
because the Kuhmo's had the wrong labels on them. I.E. the label stuck to
the tire said "L" when in fact the tire had "R" molded on the sidewall.

I need some feedback here boys. Jeff "Hollywood" Henderson if you are out
there please chime in as I know you are a Kuhmo racer and a former Kuhmo
distributor.

I want to be able to safely mix and match these tires on either side of the
car. This situation also Fucks up my "Spares"
program cause now my extra tire that I bring with me only has a 50/50 chance
of being the right one.

Comments please.