Brake Rotors & Pads

I was told by BMW service Dep. that my '96 328is needs replace its front
brake pad and rotors.  It's actually only 26000 miles and never had brake
service before.  I understand that the brake pad needs to be replace once
it is worn out, but the rep. in service Dep. told me that the rotor need
to replace since it got "thinner" is this true that I need to replace??
I assuming that the rotors and pad need to be replace, I would like to get
some corss-drill rotors (or ATE power disc) and some better pad (like the
PBR/Repco metal-master...etc., do I just need to order the rotors, pads,
and sensors? other than these three parts, do I need any thing else? can I
still use my factory caliper?
Last question, after I get all the parts in and ready to do the works,
should I bring it to BMW service dep. let them do the job? or can I bring
it to some place like Midas, or those brake service shop?
Thanks for any info.
Aaron

- --
Aaron C. Liu		North Seattle Community College
E-Mail: aaronliu@domain.elided
Home Page: http://nsccux.sccd.ctc.edu/~aaronliu
	   http://fly.to/aaronliu