1980 528 sunroof sometimes doesn't work...ideas?

I have a friend with a 528 and her electric sunroof sometimes works, and
sometimes it doesn't.  We tried to find a fuse or circuit breaker but
couldn't find anything for the sunroof.  At one point while it wasn't
working I tested for voltage at the switch and there was no voltage, then
later the thing started working.  I can't figure out if it may be a loose
connector, hidden fuse or circuit breaker, but she's afraid to open the
thing because we may have to manually close it again, which is a PIA.

Thank you in advance for any kind of help, big or small, on the list or
direct via email...

- -Rod Birch