[E36] M3 Sedan - tower brace and tires advise (cross-post to UUC/M3/BMW digests) (Bubbas I could really use your advise)

Hello Fellow Digesters,

I have a '97 M3 sedan that is used as a daily driver (~25-30 hwy miles
daily).  YTD I also attended 2 PCA drivers ed events (Blackhawk), and will
most likely do 2 more PCA (Blackhawk) and 2 more BMW CCA events (Blackhawk
and Road America).   Thus far I've driven in the Novice group, and will go
Intermediate sometime soon.   So, here are my questions:

1)  My M3 already has the x-brace installed.  do I really need to install a
front shock Tower Brace ?  will I notice the difference ?

2)  my MMX 3's are at the wear bars...  If I am going to use the SAME set of
tires for BOTH street and track, what would you recommend ? go with
Michelins or ?  Never mind all-season performance - I have a set of W210's
just for that :)

P L E A S E   CC: geo@domain.elided when posting to either digest.

Also,  if you live in the area (SE WI / Milwaukee / etc), have an M3 and
have driven it at RA or Blackhawk, please email me privately...

TIA

George Kofman
'97  ///M3 sedan (bone stock + x-brace)