Re: 1985 318i A/C questions

Ben,

Some points to consider:

- - Does the AC compressor turn on when you push the button?  I've had the
lightbulb on the AC switch burn out.  It's easy to replace.

- - If you don't have the lower and middle vent levers open, the AC compressor
won't turn on

- - Low freon will open the pressure switch, causing the compressor to remain
off

- - Check the state of the cround wire connecting the AC compressor to the
engine block.  If the wire breaks, the AC compressor will fail to turn on.

- -rb

>Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 21:54:28 -0700
>From: "Ben Dixon" <dixon@domain.elided>
>Subject: 1985 318i  A/C questions
>
>When I push in the snow flake nothing happens.  Does that mean I don't have
>enough freon in the system for it to come on safely?  Also with what you
>know about  my problem, is that another reason why my aux fan will not come
>on?  Thanks for your help.
>
>P.S. when I push on the schrader valve (?) I can barely hear any freon leak
>out.  I can jumper the wires on the fan and it works like it should.?
>
>Ben Dixon
>'85 318i
>'71,'73 2002

End of bmw-digest V9 #1134