Subject: e28 ignition woes

Kurt,

I just gotta ask:  What happened when you put the original cap and rotor
back on? Are you aware that the e28 rotors have a (from memory - don't quote
me on this) ~1.0 K Ohm resistor embedded in them?  Did it run after
replacing the new units with the old units?

The very best you can do for yourself and your 535is, is to buy the Robert
Bentley E-28 Manual... Worth every penny of the ~$60.00, PERIOD!  Mine has
paid for itself many times over......

Otherwise:  How is your coil ground and all other engine grounds?
Did you check both the reference and pulse sensors?  Did you accidentally
swap them?  With no reference pulse, the car won't run.  Also check for
spark at the coil lead to body (be very careful here, especially in the
wet!)  If you have a good spark here (should easily jump a 1/2 inch gap), go
check the cap & rotor, and then ohm-out the spark plug wires, no more that
10 K Ohms per foot.  If you still have a weak spark, email me directly.....