<E28> Re: improvements

Howard,

If you've started driving schools, the best bang for the buck is to address
the handling, not the HP. I've put my 5er on a reduced version of the mods
made to the porsche and I'm pretty happy. Sure a LS diff would be nice, but
the bilstein sport shocks, H&R springs and the Dinan bars did more to make
the car feel track ready.The Dinan sway bars are so much stiffer than
stock, that new brackets are required to attach them to the chassis. The
instructions claim using the new bars with the stock attachment hardware
will result in ripping the bracket off the car!

Don't forget cooling hoses for the brakes!

At the last alignment, despite the fact that there isn't any camber
adjustment, per se, I had the shop push all the slack to the negative side,
and ended up with -3/4 degree. Not a lot, but better than stock (0).

For Exhaust, I'd look into a stainless system (won't rust - ever) Stebro in
Toronto can do them for tiny Canadian dollars. (i've never dealt with them,
but plan to when my next exhaust dies).

YMMV.

Regards,

Doug Dykaar
(Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, eh)
85 535i

     Bilstein sports, H&R springs, Dinan sway bars and chip
     225/50-15 Comp T/As on 7" rims
86 951

     8.5 and 10x17, w/ 255/40 street g-force, 275/40 street TAs
     Cup Bilsteins/springs, Fabcar A-arms, 30 mm/24 mm Andial sway bars
     C2 turbo (red) calipers with Al hats and Coleman (NASCAR) rotors
     Recaro SRD, Sabelt, Milledge chips - I'm blindingly fast, but still slow, if you know what I mean!