Re: ///M6 DINAN Stage 1 Suspension ???

Dennis,

Yes, Dinan's Stage 1 Load Level Leveling Replacement system is good. I
have it on my '88 635 CSi, with Konis up front and Bilsteins in the
back. However, as installed by Dinan (for the P.O.), I was not happy
with it, so I dropped the spring perch on the rear Bilsteins to their
lowest stop, and handling is greatly enhanced.

In addition, I've added larger, adjustable sway bars (25mm/19mm) and a
strut tower brace. Both were worth even more handling improvement.

A number of places offer similar setups for 6ers. Tire Rack or Turner
Motorsport (and others) should have H&R and Eibach, Korman has a
setup... and I'm sure there're others.

FWIW, my opinion of Dinan's stuff of which I'm familiar, is that while
it appears to be well-engineered and quality-manufactured, it is *quite*
expensive; not usually your best value, as it were. For example, the
strut brace and sway bars I mentioned above cost me substantially less
than half of Dinan's prices. Don't take this as a knock on Dinan:
obviously I don't fall in their target market - plenty of people buy
their parts and services are quite happy with them. :-)

BTW, a few folks on the Big Coupe list race their 635 CSis and ///M6s
regularly. I run my car in SCCA Auto-Xs (ESP Class), and while I don't
usually embarrass myself too badly, I can tell you the car is a better
Auto-Xer than I. :-)

Good luck,
- -jerry