Lets remove the shift lever suspension (nylon cup) from above

  I recently tried some of my shortened from above unbent
M-Z3 shift levers in Rich Carlson's 2.8-Z3. He did the initial M-Z3 lever
install in his car from above.
  He asked me to design a nylon cup removal tool that he could use from
above.  I came up with a design with the help of my coworker Jim Guyan.
  Connect to:  <A
HREF="http://www.unofficialbmw.com/images/";>http://www.unofficialbmw.com/image
s/</A>
 and check out cuprem1 through 3.jpg
  The prototype came out really nice and works well from above with straight
or bent shift levers.  This will also work nicely on the 325IX.
  This tool lets you do it from above without destroying the nylon cup and
marring the pivot ball of the lever you are removing.

 Ron@domain.elided  FLY BMW  Marlborough, CT
   <A
HREF="www.unofficialbmw.com/ronstygar.html">http://www.unofficialbmw.com/ronst
ygar.html</A>