Shortshifting an E28

Someone asked about which shifter to get for an E28.  I'm sorry that I can't find the post so I can't reply directly.  (Damn e-mail!)

I have the Competition shifter with ERK, and I couldn't be happier with it.  Yes, shifting is not as buttery smooth as an E36, but when it's in gear, I know it.

Rob L. said that the sometimes clunky gearboxes (especially when worn) in E28's don't always lend themselves to smooth shifting, which is true.  He could have said the Comp shifter w/ ERK is  the way to go just to sell a few more ERK's but he didn't, so I would trust his opinion.  I also know mine.  I'd rather stab myself in the foot with a rusty upper control arm than give up my ERK and Comp shifter!

Ed

Ed Walters
Team DFL
teamdfle28@domain.elided