No power 528e

Lee;
If you think your car is suffering from running too rich - it's =
definitely not a transfer pump problem. That would - if anything - cause =
your fuel pressure to be too low - resulting in not enough gas.

If it's running too rich, it's most likely a leaky cold-start fuel =
injector, or the system that controls it (temp sensor, etc. - see the =
Bently Manual!) - telling it to run constantly instead of just at =
cold-start.=20

I've had transfer-pump problems with my 85 325e, and the car actually =
ran OK without it working properly. I didn't know it for several months, =
but I always heard a funny sound from the main fuel pump. I figured it =
was just the sound of the main fuel pump begining to fail. Turns out the =
funny sound I heard was the bubbles in the fuel line caused by the main =
fuel pump having to inefficiently "suck" the fuel out of the tank. You =
can verify its operation relatively easily.

Don't hesitate to write if you have more problems.

Good Luck,
Mike