<E30> transmission

On my 91 E30 the transmission doesn't shift smoothly. It gives me the impression
that the synchro are used (but it doesn't grind).  When I shift from 1 to 2, I
feel a resistance going in 2nd gear. Of course if I push the car and shift fast
it will go in fast but it requires some force and I can feel like I'm forcing
the synchro to mesh but there is no ginding noise.

I was thinking that the clutch was out of adjustement but it engages in the
middle of the pedal travel so it seems normal to me.

The transmission fluid has been changed with ATF.

Any idea?

Thanks
Michel Drainville
91 318IC