Recaro height in E30?

I have a '91 325iX with standard, leatherette seats but have a chance
to purchase a set of recaros to replace them. One hesitation has to
do with height - both my wife and I enjoy the height adjustment on
the standard seat, like "riding high."  Any idea how the
(non-adjustable) recaro will compare once installed? Any way to
modify during installation to raise them?

Thanks for any ideas! If I go ahead, anyone in need of a set of black
leatherette seats in nearly-new condition?

Jon