Re Certified Preowned BMW Woes

Davis -

	Please continue to post an account of your dealings.

	I just bought a BMW Certified, "Pre-Owned" (What horse manure!
What's the matter with good old-fashioned "used"?) 96 328i and I for one am
quite interested in how BMW USA handles your claims.

	I bought mine in Maryland, from a dealer with a good reputation
(Tischer) and so far, so good.  It's in beautiful condition and I am
banking on their reputation as a fair and honest dealership should anything
go wrong with the car.

	At another dealership, I looked at several Mercedes which were the
equivalent of BMW Certified Pre-Owner vehicles.  My experience was that all
the cars I looked at at the Mercedes dealership and the one that I looked
at at Tischer were in _superb_ condition for their age and mileage.

	I wonder what accounts for the vast discrepancies between the
conditions of some of the cars mentioned by responders to Davis Feng's
original post and the cars I drove and inspected?

	Anyone care to comment???  Is it strictly a dealership thing?
I.e., dealerships with a good reputation to protect will reject any but the
best of the Certified Pre-Owned and those who are just out for a fast buck
accept vehicles which don't really meet Certified Pre-Owned standards?

	Good luck,
	Bob G.

'92 525i
'96 328i