<E36> Is the 318ti prewired for OBC?

My base '98 ti did not come with the on-board computer.  I am thinking
of adding it.  Does anyone know if the car is prewired for it?  I've
heard it monitors gas milage and outside temperature, so would I need to
wire all of the sensors or would I simply have to pull the clock and
plug the OBC in it's place?  I've also read that the OBC is cycled by
pushing in the turn signal stalk.  Mine doesn't push in, so would that
also have to be replaced, or can the computer be cycled from buttons on
its face?  Thanks for any input.

Frank S.
Charleston, SC