Re: bmw-digest V9 #1292

Just my opinion....I would prefer to buy a used car directly from the
owner....this allows me to:

watch the way he or she drives (the last two M-5 owners I met with sat
at traffic lights with the clutch peddle depressed, one of them raced
the engine when cold),

see how he or she reacts to questions about past service (an owner that
does not know the every 15,000 mile routine, the once a year flushing of
the brakes, the once every two year flushing of the radiator and the
power steering system, may not have a well maintained car.)

see what his or her impressions are of proper maintenance and care (like
WHERE do they have services performed and why)

I have gone to purchase five cars in the past three weeks...one failed
the leak down test, one had a previously undisclosed accident, one did
not have a title in the current "owner's" name, none of them had smog
tests....none-the-less, I would rather find a good car, from a good
owner...the quest continues.

Jim Dye