Re: bmw-digest V9 #1311

In a message dated 12/7/99 11:42:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Actually the 6th letter of the Greek alphabet is EPSILON (E), ETA (H) is
the
 8th letter. In the case of the 325e I would assume that it refers to the
 German... >>

actually, we're both wrong. Eta is the seventh letter in the greek alphabet
(been a while since i had to recite it).  i do know though that the "e" in
"325e" refers to this letter, and not the german word for fuel injection. Eta
is the greek symbol for efficiency, and those cars were designed to be, well,
efficient.

Kyle B.
NCC