Re: E36 sunroof problems

>  I recently purchased a 92 E36 with sunroof from an individual who had a
>  friend of his "fix" the sunroof shortly before he sold it to me. I've
>  noticed a rattling sound that is getting progressively worse coming from
>  the front edge of the sunroof. I'm considering trying to handle this on
>  my own, but I'm wondering if I might make the problem worse in the style
>  of the previously mentioned "friend." Has anyone else had this problem,
>  and if so, is there are reasonable solution?

You don't mention when it rattles: open?/closed?/tilted?

If it rattles when it's closed, the problem may be the wind
deflector.  There was a bulletin to update the deflector arms and add
a rubber pad to the inside edge of the roof opening.  The pinhead
sized rubber bumpers that the deflector rests on are insufficient for
the job and tend to fall out easily if disturbed.  You can accomplish
the same thing at home with some stick-on felt.

Herman