X5 problems?

The following was posted by a dealer's mechanic on the Mercedes M-Class
Digest.  Of course, early MLs had a rash of problems, as well:
The X5 demo at our shop has been in for repairs.
1200 miles.
1.	Rear wiper and washer won't shut off.
A system module was replaced.
2.	Rattle in R/F door.
R&R door panel, secure harness.
3.	Rattle in steering column.
R&R steering wheel replace Airbag clockspring.
Last week.
After two "loss of control" failures nationwide. BMW has **recalled the X5
for a possible seperation of the steering column shaft at the steering gear.

** Since the X5 is on "retail hold", this recall is " in house" at the
dealership level. I got the impression BMW is keeping this one quiet.
Panic at BMW last week!!

Greg Williams
gaw@domain.elided
Lake Oswego, OR