CD data cable pinouts for late M3?

Greetings, people with great taste in cars:

Last week I bought a '98 M3 Sedan, and I've spent the whole day trying
to undo the damage wrought by some "car audio professional" shit for
brains animal. For the most part I've been successful, but anyone who
would buy an expensive car and then let some teenager with a box of wire
connectors and a crimper butcher it to save a few hundred bucks needs
some serious therapy.

Anyway, my last remaining Big Problem is that the CD data cable plug has
been cut off at the head end. Does anybody have the correct color
code/pinouts for the data connector on the head unit, and maybe pretty
please a source for the plug?

- ---
pld (at least I don't have to run a new cable as I did on my '88 325is -
what a bitch of a job that was)