From: owner-bmw@domain.elided [mailto:owner-bmw@domain.elided]On Behalf Of Seeker
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2000 9:54 PM
To: bmw@domain.elided
Subject: BMW Gasoline Additive

        A neighbor of mine just gave me a half-dozen, 8-oz. bottles labeled
"BMW Gasoline Additive", with the claim "Prevents Accumulation of Carbon
Deposits".  He bought them years (10?) ago when he had a used BMW; he now
owns a Benz.

        They are distributed by BMW of North America, so I assume it is a
reputable product and not some "miracle" bull**** flogged by some
fly-by-night outfit.

        I have a 92 525i (E34/M50) with 82k miles.

        Would you folks recommend throwing this stuff away or using it?  If
you recommend using it, how often would you add an 8-oz. bottle to the tank?

        Many thanks,
        Bob G.

- --