Re: E34 - Brake Lining light

John,

Did you replace the wear sensor(s), or did you re-use them?  If you re-used
them, was your brake warning light on prior to your pad swap?  If so, then
one or both of your wear sensors is bad, and needs to be replaced.

Or, perhaps you mis-installed the wear sensor(s).  There is a small copper
'band' around the outside edge of the sensor, that makes contact with the
brake pad.  If the metal is missing or damaged, or mis-aligned, it may cause
your brake lining circuit to detect the fault.

- -rb