Re: Getting Rid of the Belt Driven fan

A lot of folks do this with Alfa Spiders. But for some reason it does not
come up with BMWs. The only speculation that I offer is that the BMWs have
viscous clutches on the fans, so the fan is not actually a drag unless the
engine compartment temperature is high. This could be more efficient than
the process of going through the alternator to run an electric motor.

Greg