Re: Idle Speed Issues (cold start and all the time)

Sounds like the ICV to me.. Sometimes just carb cleaner doesnt do it, and
you have to get a brush and actually get rid of the deposits inside the
mechanism that you can see.

What you describe is very familiar, and I know that it took a few cleanings
of my ICV before it went away, and sometimes the symptoms return, and I have
to repeat the procedure..

One sure way of checking it is when the car starts to do the behaviour, is
to pop the hood and get a heavy object, like a wrench, and tap on the ICV
while the idle is surging, or sitting high, and if it settles, then you know
its the ICV.

I have to replace mine soon, but this is how i have been getting mine to
settle

Hope that helps

Cheers
Ron J