88 325is Water Leak

I have a nagging water leak into the trunk, close to the battery cover.  I
have replaced the seal around the deck lid and the gasket around the right
rear tail light assembly but still have this leak.
  Yesterday I noticed that the clip that connects the drip rail molding
segments together had slipped forward to the front of the rail leaving the
two
pieces open at the back.  The piece that curves around matching the right
rear
window is fitted into the body with two rubber seals.
  Is there a path inside the trunk from this back part of the drip rail?

Thanks

George Barrowcliff,
Amerisource Bergen Corporation
Manager, Automation Technology