Re:31's and 4" lift

------------------------------

>Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 17:37:34 -0500
>From: tsm1@domain.elided (Tom Mandera)
>Subject: Re: Addendum to lift letter
>
>>If any of you guys have a 4 inch lift and 31s and have a picture of your
>>truck on a web page, or if you have a web page with said pictures (Tom or
>>Bill?), please let me know.
>
>Assuming you mean me...
>
>I'll be finding out what 31s on a 5" lifted Scout (4" Spring + RS front,
>s.o. rear) in the spring, since I doubt I'll have the $$$ to blow on a set
>of 33s (and the $100/ aluminum rims I plan to run with 'em to cut down
weight).

>That said, I wonder if anyone at the NWBinder Roundup had a 4" lift and 31s,
>and if I took a picture of 'em.. they may want to chime in and let us all
>know, because *I* am very interested in what a 4" lifted Scout looks like
>with 31s.
>
>- -Tom Mandera, Helena MT
>http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
>'72 and '77 Scout II

Dirtball and Tom,

The above would be me! Have a 4 inch Skyjacker susp. lift on BFG 31X10.5's.
I will tell you, I think the 33's just look better. Not that the 31's look
bad or anything, just that the 33's look better. My next set of tires I
plan on going with 33's. The ride with 31's is fine. Geared with 3.73, I
have no take off problems from the line. She'll flat spin the tires on dry
pavement, 7 days a week with the TF727 (once I rev past the dead spot now
that it's cold).

Not having experienced the ride/steering quality of 33's yet, I can't
comment on that. Quality is good with 31's. Happy with the tires,
moderately happy with the look.

I'd scan you some pics, but the scanner is not working. I'll try and cure
this by Christmas.

ronis

77 SSII frame off body resto painted Diamont Cherry Red Metallic
TF727, stock 345, custom 2.5" dual exhasut with balance pipe