I like the: (Inline-hose-type) Block Heaters

Heya Folks...Art here...

I had the Inline heater-hose type on my '65 Travelall (Petersburg
Alaska) for a couple winters. This is the removable-cord-cap type. Seems
like it was in the 400/ 500 Watt range.

It was able to heat the engine enough to start easily in around 3 hours
after sitting a week at just above zero.

         [Too much snow and nowhere I had to be anyway...]

It's on the '67 now (here in Oregon) but hasn't been fired up in a
while. -No leaks to date. Just snip the top-most heater hose and it goes
in-line. A plug (down at the base of the water jacket) is pulled and
replaced with a hose-barb and 1/2" line -termintes at the heater unit.
All I added to the kit was some tie-wraps and a second hose bracket for
the added weight.

**Note: I had to pop out the freeze plugs and purge the gunk out of the
bottom of the block as, when I pulled the plug, no water came out! **

...my 2 cents....

Art