Dean's hoodlatch, and mine!

Dean Kellogg wrote:

>I have been fighting with the hood release mechanism on my 1980 Scout II
>for quite some time.  It is so hard to release that I have pulled the knob
>off and now must grab the remaining stub with vice-grips.  I spent the
>weekend trying to realign the hood and latch mechanisms...all to no avail.
>It seems that the spring on the latch mechanism is "overly strong".  Does
>anyone have suggestions on how to attack this problem?

Amen!!  I was thinking about this just yesterday.  Mine is still intact,
but I picture it coming off in my hand every time I release the hood.

If anyone has a solution, please post to the Digest, not just to Dean, as
I'm sure several of us have this problem.

Paul Brakefield
"Dirtball"

1966 IHC Scout 800- "The Beast"
Chevy 350/SM465/Dana20